Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Happy Birthday to My Sweet Girl


IMG_1922
I love how she tries so hard to hold up three fingers

Today Olivia turned 3! She's been talking about her birthday for weeks. Almost every day she asked if it was her birthday. I thought a lot about her birthmother and how she must be thinking of her. We had a family only birthday party and I'm glad it was just us because it turned out that she's been sick with a stomach virus. She felt much better by the time the party rolled around but went downhill shortly after. The funniest thing is that when we ask her now how old she is she says "I 6". She INSISTS that she is six now!

I have to admit that shopping for her gifts was very emotional. The whole time I was in the store I was choking back tears. I literally had to give myself a little talk to make sure I didn't just break down and start bawling! I'm so thankful for my little girl. We are so very blessed to have her in our family. To celebrate her life is so special!

My creation

11 comments:

Kim said...

Happy 3rd Birthday Olivia...
Looks like an amazing day...
LOVE her little dress.. I am sure you made that Lynn..it is BEAUTIFUL..
Love the picture of her little toes...
Happy Thanksgiving girly..
Love ya..

jeanette said...

Happy 3rd birthday Miss Olivia. We thought about you. :) What a special day it was-your first birthday with your forever family..what a special gift. :)

that cake is AMAZING!

Dakota3 said...

Thanks for sharing about Olivia's
3rd Birthday. The photo's of her are so cute! May God Bless your sweet family.

Take Care,
Cindy
LID April 20, 2006

The Fab 5 said...

I love the pouty face picture! How lucky we are to celebrate such God given events!!!!!!!!! Did you make that dress? It is so beautiful.

Lora said...

Happy Birthday, Beautiful Girl!

Katrina said...

Sto lat , sto lat niech zyje zyje nam!!!! KOchana Olivia!!! Happy birthday sweet Olivia!!! You are so very special for all of us We love you!!! KJ and mei mei Toria!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to sweet Olivia! We are so glad you are feeling better. She looked so sweet in the BD dress. So precious! What beautiful pics of her special day!!! Hope to talk to you soon and hoping more to get together!!!
Shay

ww said...

Happy Birthday Olivia! Thanks for posting - Olivia is so beautiful! Blessings, Wendy

ang :o) said...

I thought I had checked out your blogs before but I guess not. She is beautiful. I have now added you to my reader!

Cyndi said...

Happy Birthday!!! That dress is beautiful. Merry Christmas.

Unknown said...

Just now found your blog as I am searching for any information on families adopting from China. I just wanted to say that she is such a beautiful little girl and your family must be so blessed to have her. God Bless you all and Happy late birthday to your little girl.

Suzette