
9 months ago Olivia joined her new family at home. We've been through so many changes since then and she is such a joy in our lives! In the last 3 months we've begun to venture out more and and meet new friends. Other than her deciding that she didn't like her dance class, everything else has gone smoothly. I believe that she feels safe and secure now.
She is really learning how to play with toys. For some reason she hasn't been too interested. She does love learning toys. She plays with Jackson's Leapster every day. She loves all things Leapfrog! She has learned all of her letters and each sound they make. She is also sounding out 3 letter words though she doesn't say the actual word yet. Letters are just about her favorite thing of all! Her favorite tv shows are Ni Hao Kai Lan, Dora, & Yo Gabba Gabba, though she would much rather watch a Leapfrog DVD. When a commercial comes on tv for toys, any toys, she says "I want that!" I just say "You do?" and she says "Yes!" She learned that from her brothers!!
It took her a full 6 months to become fully transitioned to American food. I remember it took Joe a long time too but not this long. She loves cereal, apples & peanut butter, spaghetti and her beloved chocolate!
She no longer sleeps with lots of toys, not even Bau Bau. She adores her "jamas" (pajamas). She loves wearing pig tails every day and begs to sleep in them. If you followed our journey while in China you know that Olivia was terrified of the bath. She only had one bath the whole time. Even after coming home it took a while for her to like it. Now it is a highlight of her day. She can't wait for her bath and even loves showers too!
Olivia has the sweetest personality and she is SO good all of the time. If she does anything wrong she instantly says "I'm sorry Mommy." She tells me at least 50 times a day "I lub you Mommy!" She and I are very very close. She gives me tons of hugs throughout the day too. She loves Daddy but will always choose to be with me. She cries and cries when he takes her out the door to go somewhere but stops as soon as they get in the car and then she has a great time. She woke up last weekend and turned to me and said "I want my Da". I was shocked! And glad!
Here are a few pictures taken in the last couple of weeks. She has changed so much from the day I met her but she's still has such a baby face! I love her so much and cannot even imagine my life without her!





And my personal favorite:






22 comments:
Hej!! Lynn!! I love every picture! She looks so diifferent with the pony tails... beautiful. I wish to meet you and make some pictures of Victoria and Olivia together. Am I dreaming??? Have a great day dear!!! KJ
What a blessing! I am so glad she has transitioned and is doing great. I just love the last picture!
What a sweet post. She is absolutely adorable, and you're right: that last picture is priceless!!
Congratulations on 9 months...Olivia looks like she has been home forever...darling pictures!!! I, too, am partial to that last shot...start that training early, I say!! :-)
Have a great weekend!
Kate
Oh those little piggy tails are adorable!! And the one of her ironing just cracks me up!! Happy 9 months home, sweet Olivia!!
Love,
Monica
Love all the pictures of Olivia... I also am so glad to always read what you have to say. It has helped me understand some things I need to know for when our Lauren comes home. I know there will be adjustments and I want to be the best for her and help her.. By reading these blogs I have seen all the children blossom and their little faces light up, but I know it takes alot of knowledge to achieve that. Thanks for sharing the way you do... A no longer waiting Gramma...Linda
I love the last picture!! It is a hoot. You need to get that in a contest of some sort. It is so funny!! She is just beautiful.
Olivia is adorable in her knee socks and robe ironing! Made me smile, thanks for sharing!
What a blessing to your family, Happy 9 months home!
she is Heaven sent thats for sure:)
She has brought life and love to her family.
I LOVE all your pics!!! What a precious baby! I am so thankful she and EllaKate have become friends- love the pigtails and the robe!!! Can't wait to see you all soon!
Shay
Lynn~
Olivia is sooooo Beautiful.
I am soooo happy for you..
Can't believe it has been 9 months already..
seems like yesterday..
LOVE the pictures.
You can see the joy in Olivia's eyes..
Love her little dress in the first picture..
I am sure you made that .. and as all of your clothes it is BEAUTIFUL..
Hugs girly..
Such a gorgeous girl! The last photo is pricless!!!:) Wonderful to hear how well she is thriving!
Beautiful shots of a beautiful baby!! God bless you all Lynn!!
Aside from her gorgeous dimples, she reminds me a lot of my Chloe, especially in the first shot where she isn't smiling. I have seen that face here at home many times. Qinzhou girls are so cute!
I bet you will be excited to reach that 1 year milestone.
Lori
She is so beautiful...wow, 9 months already!!! It seems like just yesterday you were in China...
Happy all is going well : )
Man,
I wish Kate had that hair. Missed you at the China dinner. Hope to see you soon. We are having it at my house in January. Try to make it.
eliz gordon
Oh she is so gorgeous... love that one of her ironing... she looks so gorgeous there... hehehe
She is just so darling! I will never forget the photo of her standing by the door in the hotel in China. Look at her now, so happy. You did an absolutely amazing job with her transition. I will follow everything you did when I go for Sophia.
Just had to stop by and say HELLO and Happy Thanksgiving..
I saw your comment on Kimberley's blog about you getting the doll.
Can't wait to see her..
I know Olivia will LOVE her..
Have a Great Week..
Love ya girly..
Thanks for always being there on my blog and saying such wonderful things..
You may not be blogging regularly, but you are in my thoughts..
Hugs girly.
That last picture is so cute. They ALL are, though, because they are of your beautiful Olivia. she is just absolutely adorable!!!
Hi Lynn!
Olivia is such a doll baby...what a precious little face and it sounds like her personality is equally precious! How cute that she loves letters so much! Ella loves everything letters, too...they would get along just wonderfully!
I love the pigtails!!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
Oh, my stars!!!! The photo of Olivia ironing is TOO precious! We are just celebrating our one year as a family and looking forward to traveling back to China in about 6 months to bring our 2nd China blessing home!
mcnewfamily.blogspot.com
chuiesfamily.blogspot.com
Post a Comment