Monday, February 4, 2008

Day 8 Feb 4th

Last night Olivia was in rare form! She was having such a great time talking to everyone at home. When she saw Joe on the webcam she said, really loud and clear, "Hi Joe!". Joe was so shocked that he just stared at her with his mouth open. It was so cute. She's really getting to know her family by seeing and talking to them twice a day. She and Daddy have several things they do each day. One of them is that he copies what she does. She always initates it and waits for his response. Last night she was pretending like she was feeding him.

She had lots of fun trying on her squeaky shoes

I can fix my own hair!

Olivia has found a new favorite food...French Fries!

So, after a simply wonderful evening, she woke up very reserved again. In fact, it took almost the entire day before she became playful again. The best thing about today is that this is very first day that there was not a single episode of crying!

This afternoon was our Swearing In ceremony. It was supposed to be tomorrow but it got moved up. So, we went to the US Consulate along with all of the other adoptive families. I'd guess there was maybe 60 or so families there. It was nice to see all of the ones that I've met on this trip all together again. I even saw a family who recognized me from my blog! How cool is that? The actual oath part was pretty quick. We all stood up and raised our right hands then swore that the information we had given was the truth...and there was some other stuff but I just can't remember it. It was pretty emotional though. Another step in the process of adopting our precious daughter. Then I got her passport with her visa to come to the United States. I could actually leave tomorrow but there are no seats available so I'll still be here until Thursday.

Tonight, David, my new guide, took us and Brenda, Lynn and Alison on a riverboat cruise. We had dinner and got to see the lights of the city. It was really fun but long. Olivia really likes the Crooks' daughter, Alison.




Olivia brushed her teeth for the first time today. She thought it was alot of fun! Here's a video to watch.

Check out the shoes! These are one of her new squeaky ones. She wasn't too happy about not wearing her Crocs until she started walking and heard the squeaking. Now she jumps up and down to hear them. Everyone in the hotel knows when we are coming or going!


Tomorrow we are going to the zoo with Brenda, Lynn & Alison. Say a prayer for good weather! I know that there are a lot of typos in these posts. There are two reasons. 1. The spell check doesn't work for some reason and 2. I'm always SO tired that the words usually run together! :)

21 comments:

Seven Alexanders said...

Have fun at the zoo! You are almost home!

Anonymous said...

It won't be long and you'll be on your way home. Can't wait to see you and Olivia! Enjoy your last couple of days. :) Anna

LaLa said...

Have fun at the zoo...looks like she is having fun no matter where she is. Wish I lived closer so I could meet you at the airport!!

Oh, we did the River cruise...it was pretty but definitely the worst food we had in China LOL

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh!!! Olivia is soooo cute!!! I am so glad that everything is going smoothly for you guys!!! Have fun :)

mommy24treasures said...

Just look so forward everyday to reading. I am so thankful Olivia has done so amazingly well and you have too!

Anonymous said...

Lynn, you are in the home stretch! Before you know it, you and Olivia will be at home with the rest of the family and settling into your daily routine. Emili and I can hardly wait to meet little miss Olivia. Emili has had a great time following the blog with me. Enjoy your last couple of days and soon you will be on your way home! See you soon, Lynn E.

Anonymous said...

Lynn,
All the video's are so cute. Olivia is beautiful and you are doing a great job with her. I love the video's of her and her dad. They will have a great bond. Well safe travel and good luck on the plane with miss olivia.
Can't wait to see you at home with your family.
Missy - Picayune, Ms.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am reading your blog from Holland. We r in the adoption program too. LID 03-08-06. Olivia is a very beautifull girl. And i very much like the way how you write things down. Everything so in detail, and with so many photo's. I wish you and your family lots of love and happynes together with this beautifull China girl. I'll will keep on reading, and follow your journey untill you are home. (forgive me my English, but i am Dutch) Enjoy!

RamblingMother said...

sqeaky shoes worked wonders for us too while in china.

Beverly

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynn,

I was working up at the high school today and thought of you when I looked over at the school store. :) Olivia gets more adorable with each new day! Hang in there...you are almost home, back where you and Olivia belong!
:) shirleen

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Not long until you get home... I love all your videos and glad to see Olivia coming along so well... take care

redmaryjanes said...

I just can't believe the transformation. She is so happy and content. What a beautiful girl. You have done such an amazing job with handling the attachment. Thank you for sharing your experience.

JinXiu said...

Olivia is such a doll and you two look more and more bonded everyday.

Love the crocs

have fun at the zoo

staci

jeanette said...

I LOVE all those shoes :) glad you got to do the boat cruise -it's a definite "must do" if you can. I cannot believe you're almost home. Olivia seems to be doing so well -all praise and honor and glory to Him! :)

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

She is such a doll! I am so thankful for technology when I think about the interaction she's already gotten with her forever family via computers, etc. Praise God!!! What an awesome thing!

Glad the crying was minimal and hopefully moment by moment Olivia's little grieving heart is mending. Time is a great healer of sadness.

May God give you patience and strength during your last moments in China.

Fondly,
Lisa

Andrea Nielsen said...

Olivia seems to be doing great! Lillie loves the videos...she wants to watch them several times and always asks, " Who that?"
Glad you are almost home! Blessings to you and Olivia.
Andrea and Lillie

Mission To Macie said...

I am so glad you are having fun in GZ. Olivia gets more adorable by the day! Shop shop shop before you have to leave!

Michelle R Photography said...

Olivia is such a doll! I just love her videos. How precious she is!

Denise said...

She is too cute! I can't wait to put one of those bowbands on Maggie's head! We got our LOA today and hope to travel in March!!!!

LaLa said...

Just thinking of you...finally had a chance to check out the videos : )

Shop till you drop Mama. Buy the Friendlies (Olympic mascots) ..they weren't out yet when we were there : (

Anonymous said...

It is the greatest thing to scroll through all the days and see her face have more and more joy in it. She seems to trust and love you more and more every day.

Enjoy the zoo, and check out the ferocious dogs.

The Gleasons (Guangxi Oct 2007)