This little girl is just a wonder to me. I love her so much! She talks non stop. We carry on converstions as if we can understand each other! It's so funny. I mean I have some serious competition in the talking department! She's very girly. Loves her purses and her clothes. She changes her pants frequently. She slept in her crocs. She put them on as soon as I put her pajamas on. She cried, really loud, when it was time for bed. She did this at nap time too. But, it didn't last long and it wasn't a "I miss my foster mom" cry. It was a "I don't WANT to go to bed" cry.
Today we will go to the country and walk through some rice paddies. I hope we don't freeze and I hope that TODAY I can finally get some pictures of China!
GIFTS:
These are 2 of the gifts that Olivia's orphange gave to her. I was so touched by this. We also got a photo album.
MEAL TIME:
POTTY TIME:





19 comments:
Lynn,
I am just amazed at how great Olivia looks! What a difference foster care makes. (Mia was in the orphanage and was in a "state of shock" the entire time we were in China. Everything was so new and overwhelming for her.) Olivia looks like she is so with it and full of spunk and life. I can tell you are enjoying dressing her in all her cute clothes and accessories! She is truly a china doll. I can tell from your posts that you are relaxing somewhat and are enjoying your China experience. It goes so fast. I wish I had done a better job documenting while we were there, but I was too consumed with being a new mom. Lynn, I am so happy both of you are doing so well. I am excited for you, and it won't be long you both will be back home beginning your journey as a family. PS LOL about your posts on the food. Let's just say, I lost 9 pounds in the 2 weeks we were in China. The smell of the foods were so different and I just couldn't eat!
Congratulations Lynn! I am close friends with Jeanette (Elizabeth's mommy!) and we also adopted through A Helping Hand (from their Guatemala program). I have been following your blog ever since Jeanette told me that you were adopting "Sherry" from the AHH list! Olivia is absolutely beautiful and it looks like she knows you're her mommy already! It is so wonderful to see another family joined together through the miracle of adoption! I love the pictures of Olivia too! She looks super healthy & well cared for! Many blessings to you during your time in China! Enjoy every moment as the time will fly by! Blessings, Keely
Awesome post.....i am going to make my blog a book too, but have no idea how you get the comments onto the book........when you get home and settled your gonna hafta tell me. Things look like they are going great over there.......seeing all the familar things in your pictures is making me miss China!!!
Have a great day!
Jill :)
You are so lucky to have those wonderful gifts and pictures! what a blessing for you and her. I can't wait to see coutryside pics...we were in a huge city our whole time!
blessings!
andrea
You are making some huge strides! There is a song on right now called "Keep holding On", kind of appropriate adivce huh?! She is just beautiful I have to say! Enjoy the Doves! It took Myah a few days before she really took to us, she wouldn't really look at me for a few days and then one day it was like she woke up and realized I wasn't so bad. Everything was at HER pace. You are doing a great job Lynn!
Are you planning on cooking horse when you get home? Michele
Two posts in one day for all of us!!!!! Lynn your a great blogger and Olivia will love you so much for it when she's older. She is a living doll, and I'm so glad your doing so well with her. Well, how could you not. That rice looks so good. I sure miss the rice over in China, because that's what I ate almost everyday. I did venture a little, but never tasted anything like "horse." Good luck with that one. When we ate in our region, a lot of times it was at the hotel buffet, because they had rice and american potatoe salad...Yummy. Praying for another great day today for you.
So very cool!
Wow! That's great that she is comfortable with the potty. I just love her little outfits.
And I'm glad that you two are communicating in your own way and bonding.
Lynn...I am so happy that Olivia is doing so well. I appreciate your blogging! I look forward to checking in every day after work! I will continue to pray for each day to be better and better for you and Olivia!
Carrie Travel Group 80B
What an awesome record you are keeping for her and she will treasure it. Glad you have your own secret Mama/Daughter language. Don't let the boys in on it when you get home ~ it will drive them nuts LOL
Happy you are enjoying munching on Mr. Ed!! Annslee supposedly loved eggs but I have NEVER seen her eat one ~ in China or here ~ she lived on tater tots and banana bread at the yummy breakfast buffets in China (I totally miss those!)
Enjoy your outing!
I am in absolute awe of how God is working in sweet Olivia's life!
I'm loving all of these pics! LOVING them!
Lynn,
She is so cute!!! Ben and Cole loved watching the Videos! She is so smart -One Circle- and so sweet! Thank you for sharing her with us!!! We all look forward to seeing what you have done each day!
Roxanne
I can't get enough of her.
love, Olivia'a Aunt Vicki (I get a charge out of saying that!!!!!!!!)
Lynn:
I am so late in commenting, but I am so glad to see Olivia! She looks so cute and happy. I just love that she is a girly girl. The boys are going to love that about her! Keep the pictures and blogs coming! Give Olivia a hug from me.
~Rebecca
Lynn,
I don't blame you about staying in the room. When Matt & I were in Faith's province we were a little weirded out too! Mainly because WE WERE the ONLY Americans there... a lot of stares! It was fine while we were with our guide but, when she left our hotel for the day.. we DID not venture off.
Things will be different when you get back to Gangzhou. We felt like we were "home". I'm glad she's doing well, I continue to pray every day for your protection, safty and for you two to have a bond like no other. Sounds like my prayers are being anwsered!! Praise the Lord!!
Love In His Name,
Keisha
Oh, I'm having soooooo much fun following your journey! The "pocketbook" that you were given is a Guiping bag ~ very popular in Guangxi ~ our orphanage (Guiping SWI) gave one to us for Mia too! Olivia is a doll ~ she is bonding wonderfully :)
Wow, what a difference! After seeing her the first day and now with the smiles...I love it! And it gives me hope for when I get Maggie. If you have a chance can you tell me where you got the bowband? I am looking for a simple white one like that for Maggie. I have 4 boys, so I am not good at this bow thing.
I have my e mail on my profile~
Denise
I love her little carrying compartment! lol
I think that is the first time I've seen this 'congee' stuff, I've always wondered what it looks like! :)
Loving all the pictures!
Post a Comment